1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a medium cupcake pan with liners.
2. In a bowl cream 1 cup sour cream, the butter, and the oil.
3. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the sugar and almonds.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture in three additions. Mix thoroughly after each addition.
5. In another bowl mix the eggs, 3/4 cup sour cream, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
6. Add the egg mixture to the batter in three additions, beating for 1 minute after each addition.
7. Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters full with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
You Will Need
You will need:
1 3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter,
at room temperature
1/2 cup walnut or vegetable oil
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup almonds ground and toasted
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract