Usability of Keurig coffee machines have immensely increased over the past few years. However, with increasing demand concerns of users regarding caffeine content extraction in coffee has also increased. Caffeine is one of the most used forms of drugs which is often found in tea and coffee, and is usually consumed by people to keep their mind and body alert. Apart from caffeine benefits, it also has many side effects on the body which is why it is highly advisable for consumers to keep caffeine consumption low. The best Keurig coffee makers are the superb coffee machines to use, which have improved processes of caffeine extraction enabling users to consume healthy coffee.
What determines Caffeine Content in K-cup?
It is essential to note that the caffeine amount in a coffee keeps on varying because of numerous underlying variables;
- Roasting type can have a great impact on the amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee.
- Contrary to everyone’s belief, light roast coffee contains more caffeine in comparison to the dark roasted one. The roasted dark beans are exposed to heat for a long period of time, which breaks down the caffeine thus filtering it out from the coffee.
- Arabica beans used in Keurig K cups coffee, has less amount of caffeine in comparison to cups which are made of Robusta counter parts.
- The finer the coffee is grounded, more amount of caffeine it contains. The Best Keurig Coffee maker ground coffee towards medium and fine end, lowering the amount of caffeine in it. You would also love to read top models of home espresso machines 2017
- Length of the time for which coffee is brewed also has an impact on the amount of coffee extracted. For machines which provides coffee in a time of less than four minutes hardly gets the time to extract high caffeine content from it.
- The hotter the water is used for brewing, higher caffeine content is found in the coffee. It is advisable that a coffee should not be brewed at above 212 degrees of temperature.
Extraction of Caffeine from Keurig K-Cup
K-cup coffee usually contains 75-125 mg of caffeine content in every 6 fluid ounces. The whole process of brewing has a huge impact on the content of caffeine left out of coffee. However, after following due processes users can note that a high amount of caffeine gets left out on filter paper, leaving coffee completely safe for consumers to consume.
- The choice of coffee beans should be dark roasted ones, such that the amount of caffeine gets extracted automatically leaving less harmful effects on individuals.
- The length of time for which coffee is brewed if possible should be extended such that it gives more time to the machine to extract caffeine. Usually the time of brewing in Keurig coffee machine is four minutes, which if extended can enhance the process of caffeine extraction.
- Medium grounded coffee is a must use for decreasing the amount of caffeine from coffee. It immensely depends on consumers and their taste for grounded coffee.
- Alter the settings on your coffee machine, by increasing the time of brewing the coffee and reducing the temperature at which coffee is prepared or processed.
The Last Words
While the best espresso machine make every attempt to increase the extraction of caffeine content from the coffee, it also depends on the user as to which type of brewing or coffee bean they use. With recommendation of keeping caffeine content low, it is favorable to opt for methods above and ensure that caffeine extraction is maximized and caffeine content in coffee is kept low, making it completely safe for consumers to consume.